As the new chair for the SaaS Channel Committee from the SIIA (Industry association for the software industry) I’m working on some concrete goals for 2007 and also search for committee members who will help grow the indirect business side of the SaaS industry.
Functional areas where I recognized a need in the industry:
– Guidance in regards to contracts for a three party relationship: user, partner and vendor
– Guidance in regards to compensation and margin questions
– Guidance for building and retaining indirect channel relationships
– Guidance for new partners: how to build a successful SaaS implementer
– Providing industry best practices and act as a sounding board for new ideas
Any feedback or support is very much appreciated. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org